March 16, 2013

2nd Thoughts on 53rd & OMG WHAT?!

Okay, maybe I shot down Kimi sae ireba nani mo iranai in some ways a little quickly. So here are some rethoughts and reconfirmations on my original thoughts.

1. I still feel the same about the stupid amount of voice techy stuff that H!P has been using in Morning Musume songs. The verses have grown on me some, they're still boring, but the dischord with their voices is kinda interesting, in a funky robotic way, I suppose. I do seriously love the chorus, and the solos in the pre-chorus (Reina / Ayumi / Riho) are fabulous. I still have more fun rocking out to Brainstorming, but this is a decent double A-side song. But the "Two thousand people on the dance floor" is really lame.

2. Costumes STILL get a zero on a scale of one to ten. I really don't care for the flapper girl dress in this style and for this PV, or the blinding yellow that matches no theme. The background is coolish, but I think it would have been better paired with different outfits. They will probably forever be an eyesore for me. I must say, H!P has been making good use of lighting.

3. I feel the same about the dance choreography being repetitive . Disappointed to see yet again more of the same combos. Hoping for something to really wow me in their next video, whether it's the dance routine or the creativeness of the scenes (etc).

4. I am still pleased with how lines are going! I have something to add to this, but it deals with the second part of this post, so I'll wait.

5. And I still think the same about what I said about Sayumi.


So after having read other people's opinions, and watching Chiima's reaction video, I spent more time listening to & watching Kimi sae ireba nani mo iranai to give it another chance (it's on repeat right now). And I admit it's still good material. The small let downs for me overshadowed it as a whole initially, but it's not too bad. I can grow to like almost anything from H!P.


MORNING MUSUME 12TH GENERATION AUDITIONS?!

What what what what?! This came as a huge gigantic shock for me. Maybe some people saw it coming, because it's happened so often lately. But with all the graduations and the addition of -not one, but THREE new generations- nine new members in total, I thought that Tsunku would let the group grow together and have at least a year or two of peace.

Change is inevitable, and though it makes us sad and/or displeased, it often turns out well. I wasn't too sure how I felt about generations 9, 10 and 11 when their auditions were going on. But now I can't imagine Momusu without the nine wonderful girls that have been added!! Sakura hasn't even been around long, and I already love her.

I guess I just wasn't expecting to get online, check Hello Sayunii, and read first thing about MM 12th gen auditions. It took me off guard and my first reaction was literally WHAT?!? But it's sunk in, and I don't think it's a bad thing. I do think it's going to be supremely difficult to even attempt to fill Tanaka Reina's shoes.

I still don't know what Morning Musume is going to be like after she leaves. I would, surprisingly, like Sayumi to get a bit more in the way of solo lines or at least lead spotlight. I don't want it to be the Riho show. I also don't want the new 12th gen to be put before their senpais in the line distribution and music videos. 

I think that Momusu isn't going to have a top girl. Not until one is formed from the current members. Riho doesn't have the vocals to be the lead star (like Aichan was). I think they need to be a group for a while, until the true front girl emerges. Mizuki, Sakura, Ayumi and Riho can easily shine together. Along with Masaki and Haruna. I think Kanon, Eripon and Haruka have the talent, but they have become the Aika's and Maasa's. The supporters who don't get as much spotlight. I'd like to see and hear them more, but I don't know if the directors will do that.

Anyways, enough rambling. Just felt like blogging about this stuff some more.

Ayachan out!

彩 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment