December 4, 2012

GLAM GAM BAM!

To continue on; GAM! Again, another group whose songs I mainly heard as dubs. I can recognize a few of their singles by just hearing them, but I've never known much about either girl until now. I just watched them on Music Fighter as a duo, and it was hilarious. Because there were no younger gens present, there was a more mature air to the entire shoot. The pair & the hosts interacted well and made a lot of great jokes.

I think my first run in with Matsuura Aya was by seeing her in a H!P musical. I don't remember exactly which one, but there was two versions of it- one with her as the lead, and one with someone else. At the time, I preferred the not-her version lol.

Back when I first made my MiriuOniaya YT account, I was still in the newer stages of being / becoming a H!P fan, and exploring the world of Asian Entertainment. I was fascinated by the Japanese language, but hadn't quite broken it down so as to begin pronouncing and/or understanding it. I put the name together because I liked the way the syllables sounded. It wasn't until later that I decided the name didn't really make sense.

I took on the name Aya because I became very attached to it. It's short and simple, has a nice catch to it. And there was Ayaya, a soloist in H!P that I knew nothing about, and shared a name with. I didn't even spare her a glance until down the road when I discovered the epicness of DEF DIVA (Aya is obsessed with the song Suki Suki Baka Mitai). Even still, I didn't care much about the members, it was more their music.

In the last month or so, I've see a few episodes of Haromoni that Ayaya joined in, and I truly enjoyed her. She is kind of ladylike, not overly girly, but sweet, semi-proper, but still funny. Very Gam / Glam. I really had fun watching her and Mikitty interact on Music Fighter. They are really good friends, and it showed. They accept each other for their posititves and their faults, and do many things naturally together. It's cute; Ayaya is more the feminine type, and Mikitty can be very tomboyish even if she doesn't look it.

Mikitty. I mainly recognized her from Momusu's Kanashimi Twilight. I didn't realize that she was a part of H!P as an established soloist, before being in Morning Musume. She wasn't as fresh at the Hello! Project world as the other new gen members at the time. I always got a leader-like, experienced type of vibe from her. And now I know why.

Getting to know her through Haromoni has been a real trip. She is very blunt and up front about things, and often reminds me of Yossi when it comes to humor and tomboyishness. I would have liked to see her as MM's leader for longer, but I am happy to know her better now, because it really does sharpen the experience of watching MVs, TV shows, and other media related to H!P. Knowing (as best as you can, from fan to idol) someone changes things, and makes them more interesting. And I am better able to hold H!P members dearly in my heart as well.

Going back to Ayaya, I love her!! I have watched more of her solo lives and music videos than Mikitty, and think she is sensational. I adore her way of talking, and I really like her voice. Performance wise, she reminds me of a mix between Reina and Aichan. It's really something to watch these girls over the years. To grow with them, as they mature, learn more, and blossom further in their career. And the joy they have doing so!!

Daisuki Ayaya! Daisuki Mikitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment