December 4, 2012

Kawaii Queen Has her Throne

At first, I wasn't overly upset that Sayumi became the next Momusu leader. I was still in shock that Aichan then Gakisan both graduated!!! (I wish them the best of luck though, and will always hold them very special in my heart.) But after watching some Haromoni, I'm not so sure.

Shigesan has never been a favorite member of mine. She is pitchy,you can't really hear her during performances, and she uses her kawaii-fake-tone too much. But you can't hold lack-of-singing-talent against someone. So I tried not to pick on her, and I did agree that she is really cute. I even went through a Sayumi / Maasa photo buying stage back when I was getting merch off ebay.

However- if I hear her publicly arguing with one more person about how cute she is, I'm going to puke all over her. In every episode of Music Fighter I watched, she mentioned at least once how kawaii she is. How it's a fact. How she thinks 100% she is the cutest being in existence. How no one is cuter than her. This girl is really blunt, tactless and rude about it. She doesn't hold back and I bet she has hurt other members feelings before (Koharu).

She has also admitted on TV that she can't sing!!! I do have to give her some props for believing in herself, striving for her dreams, and for trying to succeed in a singing group when she lacks the vocal talent. But her attitude about it all is semi-frustrating and a bit of a let down when it comes to her character. Everyone thinks she is delightfully cute and innocent. But I don't. I think she's calculating. Wheels are turning behind those kirakira eyes of hers.

And now she is on the throne, like she always wanted to be.

Just like with Aichan, Natsumi, and so many other Momusu members, Reina had to grow on me. I've always always loved her singing, her ability to perform, her stage presence, her energy, her focus. But I always thought she was bratty. I have seen her softer sides though, I have seen her being sweet, or sad about something. I have seen her cry, or be defensive, and I've seen her smile. I love Reina, as much as I do Aichan and Gakisan.

I knew it was coming, that her or Sayumi would leave the group as well. But I didn't think it would be this soon, and I was hoping it wouldn't be Reina. I can understand that she must feel very alone, with all the young inexperinced members surroundering her. Aichan and Reina played so well off each other. They kept each other's drive going, and were amazing at duos. And with all other gens completely gone except hers (and it's only Sayumi), and the last three gens, I think I'd want to leave too. But I'm a bit scared for Momusu.

I love love love 10th generation!! I am in love with Haruka, her mature voice is beautiful. Pure pleasure to listen to. I think she's very talented and will do very well in the group. We can already tell that Ayumi is going to be one of the new front girls. But I'm not bitter over it, because I think she is a great dancer, has a nice smile and will be good for the group also. Masaki had to grow on me a little, but she is actually super sweet. I think that she isn't out of place in Momusu, but that she's the little sweetness they needed. And Haruna is freakin' genki! I adore her to pieces.

It's more the 9th gen I worry about, and the future leadership of MM. I don't think Riho from 9th is ready to be the star that Aichan was, I don't think she can be it. She has the attitude and performance down, but her vocals aren't strong enough. I like Zukki, but think she is kinda Aika like, in that she isn't going to get enough focus. I would really like the lineup to stay the same for at least a year or so now that we're getting through all these heart wrenching graduations.

I love that Mizuki is getting more attention, because she's awesome! I think her experience in H!P Eggs gives her a step up, and I loved her in Shugo Chara! She is a great medium between cute and mature, very lovable. I like her duets with Sayumi (even if I don't care for Sayumi herself). KY or Erina, I kind of don't have an opinion on. I am happy that she's gotten more confident since joining, but I don't think she is memorable.

Where I think Reina is leaving for various reasons, one being all the golden members gone and the age level being so new and young- Sayumi is the opposite and thrives on it. She is now the oldest, with the most experience, and is senpai to all three remaining generations. She is the official leader, and can tell herself that she is #1 kawaii. And once Reina leaves, I bet she will continue to get focus in singles, along with Riho and Ayumi for sure.

I am putting my faith in 10th generation!! Please keep Morning Musume alive! Do their history honor! Keep their amazing legend and name going!

Reinachan. I am really sad that you're leaving. But I hope that you find happiness!

Shigesan. I don't think you're the most kawaii. At all.


No comments:

Post a Comment