December 14, 2012

I Get Around / More Musume Thoughts

So yesterday I did some blog surfing, and read some really good & interesting posts by various H!P fans. I am happy to find that I am not the only one who doesn't like the idea of Riho as the new Ace of Morning Musume. I can't find the link to one post in particular, but it also put a new light on the whole thing as well.

Riho is not ready vocally, I think she is a very sad choice of lead vocal following the amazing talents of members like Gakisan, Aichan, and Reina. But she does have the attitude to play the role. I can give her points on being good at other idol related things (dancing, stage presentation, good camera manners, photogenic etc). And I can see Tsunku using her advantages and making her a center focus on these last few singles, since 10gen was still so fresh, and other gens were leaving.

But it stops here Tsunku.

Fukachan will make a great center. Perhaps not an Ace, since she has a sweeter, toned down personality. But she has a good head on her shoulders, is a great senpai already, and is VERY talented! Look at all the great work she has done with Shigesan?! I really hope Tsunku brings her to the front and lets her shine.

I don't think any others in 9gen have what it takes to be Ace or a center role. I adore Zukki, and KY has grown on me- but neither are any where near being vocally sound enough to maintain either position in the group. Sayumi will of course continue to have some special spot, as the oldest, most experienced and the leader. But I don't want her to be a center focus.

I have to admit, that aside from Riho, I don't honestly think that any other member is solid and ready enough to be THE ace. I mean, the ACE of the group. 10th gen is mind blowingly amazing. I love every single member. And while Sakura, the lone 11th gen member, might be really good and pushed to the front by Tsunku as a center focus. I don't know if she will be the Ace.

I am hoping that Tsunku will go for a group of centers. Sort of how Aichan was the Ace, but Reina, Gakisan and Eri were all in the spotlight with her. They were that wonderful lucky number of four that really lead Morning Musume for several years. Riho isn't going to just spontaneously combust, so she is going to stay in the spotlight. But I would love to see Fukuchan there as well.

Sakura I want to get to know better before I form an opinion. I am a sucker for Haruka, and she has a gorgeous voice! I would love her to be a center, but I'm unsure if it'll happen sooner rather than later, since she is so young. And I have a strong feeling that Tsunku is going to promote Ayumi, who I can see as having some future Ace quality.

After Reina leaves, I really hope the group doesn't make any more changes for a few years at least! I want to get a bit used to this group of girls, get to know them like I have previous members, I want to see the younger gens grow. I want them to appear on TV shows, and hold loads of concerts! I want to continue loving Momusu, because it's a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment